Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Backyard Bugs Fluttering By To Say Hi Card with Heidi

Hello there!  Heidi here today with a card using the Backyard Bugs Stamps and coordinating dies.  :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Backyard Bugs Fluttering By To Say Hi Butterfly Card by Heidi Criswell.

To start my card I colored all my images using Copic markers.  I then created my background by blending a piece of watercolor paper with Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, and Peacock Feathers distress inks using a foam applicator.  After the colors were blended, I splattered the panel with water and used a paper towel to pick up some of the color where the drops had been.

I finished off my card with a die-cut frame popped up with foam dots for added dimension.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Backyard Bugs Fluttering By To Say Hi Butterfly Card by Heidi Criswell.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Make sure to check back tomorrow to see some more cute projects that the team will be sharing with this fun set.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute scene and great ink blending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable - Would you mind sharing who makes the scallop frame stitch die? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete