Friday, August 26, 2016

School Time Thank You Teacher Card by Lexa

Hello everyone!  Lexa here today with a back to school inspiration card starring School Time stamp.  It's an older set from Sunny Studio but I totally love this. This set is perfect for encouragement cards and even a thank you card just like I made today. I hope you enjoy the whole post. Happy reading!

Sunny Studio Stamps: School Time Thank You Teacher Card by Lexa Levana.

I started with a 4.25" x 5.5" white cardstock panel.  My favorite is Neenah Solar White because it's so smooth and works perfectly with alcohol markers and stamping with dye inks, etc. I made my own striped patterned paper by drawing yellow lines with my alcohol markers. It doesn't need to be perfectly straight, a little bit imperfection is beautiful. After I finished my background panel, I decided to add a watercolor border on the left and I think it looks better with it.

I stamped all the images with black Versafine ink and watercolored them with Distress Markers. For extra cuteness, I want a critter on my card so I choose the racoon from Woodsy Creatures to sit on the pencil. Isn't he so adorable?? A little trick for you, I always to decide the color scheme I want for my card in the begining so that I can match the whole card and keep on track. As for this one, I choose yellow and red as the main color. I white embossed the sentiment on a stripe of red cardstock to match my apple.

Sunny Studio Stamps: School Time Thank You Teacher Card by Lexa Levana.

I hope you like today's card. Have a great weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      
  



1 comment: