Wednesday, August 24, 2016

School Time You Rule Teacher Card with Lindsey

Hi! Lindsey here today! I've got a fun card using a previously released stamp set called School Time. This set has lots of great school images perfect for making cards for all those hardworking teachers! You could also use this set to make little notes for your kiddos. Let's get started!

Sunny Studio Stamps: School Time & Woo Hoo Owl "You Rule" Teacher Card by Lindsey Sams.

I started with an A2 sized rectangle cut from some patterned paper. Then I cut a slightly smaller rectangle out of some patterned paper that looked like notebook paper. The notebook paper is where I decided to stamp my sentiment. Next I cut another rectangle the same size as the notebook paper from white cardstock. This is what I did my stamping on. I stamped several rulers from School Time in a row along the bottom of the rectangle. 

Then I stamped the owl from Woo Hoo on top of one of the rulers. I had to do a bit of masking on the owl's feet before stamping the ruler under him. I colored all my images with Copic markers. I then fussy cut the rulers and owl along the top of the stamping. I then attached the stamped panel to the front of the notebook paper rectangle and popped that rectangle up on the A2 sized patterned paper with some foam tape. I just loved how this card turned out. The bold rainbow colors are just too fun!

Sunny Studio Stamps: School Time & Woo Hoo Owl "You Rule" Teacher Card by Lindsey Sams.

That's it for me today. I hope you'll check out this stamp set and the blog for more fun inspiration! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Supplies Used:

      

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey this is so cute! I love that little owl with his glasses on... and I really love how you used the ruler to add depth and interest by making each one a different height... definitely draws the eye in and the colors are so fun and bright. Very cute card! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and fun teacher card. Just terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. I love the colored rulers.

    ReplyDelete