Thursday, May 25, 2017

Magical Mermaids Underwater Mermaid Scene Card with Vanessa

Hi everyone! Vanessa here with a little underwater scene using Magical Mermaids. This set is adorable, I am happy it has this many various elements to play with. Here is what I came up with for today. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids Underwater Mermaid Scene Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I started with a panel of watercolor paper that I had trimmed slightly smaller than my card base. Now I created a mask from a scrap of paper, using the Stitched Scalloped dies, and adhered it to the panel. I applied various blue/turquoise Distress Inks with an ink blending tool and added tiny droplets of water from a brush. Then I applied pearlescent watercolor medium to my inked part. You can see the effect in the close-up.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids Underwater Mermaid Scene Card by Vanessa Menhorn

After I had adhered the dried panel to the card, I stamped all the images, colored them with Copics and die-cut them with the matching dies. I adhered everything to the card (using foam tape for some parts) and added sequins. Finally, I applied more of the pearlescent medium to the mermaid's tail.

I hope to see you next Thursday! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vanessa ~ This card is just precious....love the sparkle with the mermaid. Thanks so much for sharing. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete