Monday, April 23, 2018

Background Basics Tone On Tone Stamping Fast Food Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here and today I have a card to share with you all using the new Background Basics stamp set along with Fast Food Fun to create a friendship themed card. I was so inspired by Mendi to do a tone on tone look for the background set, that I just did a strip to ground my images. Then, I used the brand new patterned paper for my background, since I only just got these in the mail I just had to use them, but if you don't have the paper, there's a diagonal striped stamp you an use instead! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Background Basics Tone On Tone Stamping Fast Food Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today, I first cut a strip of red cardstock and then pulled a darker colour of red ink from my stash to stamp the tone on tone effect. I used a long block and the gingham patterned stamp from the Background Basics stamp set and stamped it over the top. Once my strip was stamped, I set it off to the side and worked on my images. I stamped out all the images from Fast Food Fun onto a piece of white cardstock, then used my Copic Markers to colour them in. Once they were coloured, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. While I had my die cutting machine out, I used the new Fancy Frames Ovals Dies and cut the largest one out of some yellow cardstock. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Background Basics Tone On Tone Stamping Fast Food Card by Eloise Blue

Now all my elements were ready to go, I cut down a piece of patterned paper from the new Striped Silly pad. I decided to go for a neutral grey as there was a lot of colour going on already. I then added foam tape to the backs of my frames and adhered them together onto the centre of my background. Next, I adhered the strip of tone on tone gingham over the frame as well. Lastly, I adhered my images in a large group into the middle of the frame also, to make it seem like a little party. For my sentiment I used the 'We Make A Great Combo' from Fast Food Fun and white heat embossed it on a thin strip of black cardstock. I then adhered that with more foam tape on the red gingham piece and my card was complete. 

I hope you enjoyed my card today, this Background Basics set is so much fun to use - even though I just used one strip here, they're super easy to line up and use for lots of different backgrounds. I'll be sure to use this again soon - because I love making my own designs of backgrounds so much and it's perfect if you don't have patterned paper either! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll catch you all next time. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Ovals
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fast Food Fun Stamps
Fast Food Fun Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fast Food Fun Dies
Fast Food Fun Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Background Basics Stamps
Background Basics Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Striped Silly 6x6 Paper
Striped Silly 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: